It is extremely important to have all your gas appliances checked on an annual basis to ensure optimum efficiency, safe operation and to reduce the risk of costly breakdowns. Proper maintenance of gas appliances reduces the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, which can be caused by faulty or poorly maintained appliances and can be fatal. Regular servicing and gas safety checks will also improve the efficiency and performance of your appliances.
We are fully qualified and experienced Gas Safe Register engineers that can carry out Gas Safety inspections and issue Gas Safety Reports for all types of gas appliances at your property. We undertake the following:
- Check each appliance is correctly and safely positioned
- Check any flue or chimney serving the appliance is safe and installed correctly
- Run a flue combustion test to ensure the appliance is burning correctly and not producing Carbon Monoxide
- Check for correct ventilation
- Check that appliances and controls are operating correctly and are safe to use
- Check that all the safety devices are working
- Test the rate of gas consumption, or the working gas pressure, to ensure the appliance is operating correctly (adjusting if necessary)
- Visually inspect the appliance to check for corrosion and leaks
- Check the electrical connection
- Ensure your gas appliances are installed correctly and meet the relevant regulations.
After we have carried out a gas safety inspection, we will issue you with a Gas Safety Report. This report provides the description and location of each appliance checked, explains what checks have been carried out, any remedial work required or completed, that it meets the correct safety standards, and when it needs to be serviced again. We can also issue a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate on completion of gas appliance services and safety checks.
It is vital that any gas work you need is carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You should never, under any circumstances, attempt any kind of DIY gas work. Jobs carried out illegally by workers that are not on the Gas Safe Register are putting people’s lives at risk, potentially leading to a gas leak, fire, explosion or exposure to carbon monoxide, all of which can be fatal.
M & N Plumbing Limited adheres to the rules and regulations of Gas Safe Register, and our Gas Safe Registration Number is 601252.
If you have any concerns about gas safety or require further information, please get in touch.